Sunday, February 5, 2012

Me, the Badge Lady

No, I don’t have a badge-maker, but I know where I can borrow one, in another state. The owner of the badge-maker (I’ll leave you to determine why anyone would want to have their own personal badge-maker) says he can make three badges a minute while watching television. As you might surmise, the badges he makes are mostly the same design. When I make badges for him, I make whatever he has designed.

But that gets boring, always the same design, so for fun, I make badges for myself from images I find of my facebook friends. If your picture is not on facebook, I PROBABLY will not be able to make a badge for you. I’ve made badges of people who are in my writing group. I made one badge of a writing colleague, and then she posted a different photograph, this time of her posed in front of a tiny little mechanical typewriter, so I made another badge of her, this one focused on her hands over the typewriter.

I’ve made lots of badges of Bill Murray, and often wear one on my lapel. You see, I’m desperate to have lunch with Bill Murray some time and hope that this six degrees of separation thing will work in my favor some time and I’ll actually be sharing a grilled cheese sandwich with Bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment