Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I submitted a poem to Bill Murray the other day. I was wandering around on the internet, and stumbled onto a poetry contest page that asked if I wanted Bill Murray to read my poem, like he's a judge or something. I'm so bad about remembering where I was on the internet, and figured if I left the computer to go look for one of my really dazzling poems the danged screen would go black or disappear or something, so I just threw in my three-liner that I think is mildly amusing, although no one else seems to be much impressed. It did win an honorable mention once, but the whole thing depends on the judge actually recognizing three of the words, so whether or not I win depends on how extensive a vocabulary Bill Murray has. He hasn't called yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment